Toy and entertainment titan, Hasbro Inc., has announced the introduction of Hasbro Entertainment, a comprehensive division amalgamating film, TV, animation, and digital media businesses. This move aligns with the company’s Blueprint 2.0 strategy, emphasizing increased investments in Hasbro’s flagship brands.
- Olivier Dumont: Appointed as the President of Hasbro Entertainment, Dumont, with a legacy as the President of Family Brands for eOne, has a track record of steering content creation and distribution, pushing an impressive $2 billion of annual retail sales. His vast experience includes roles in domestic and international children’s entertainment, heading acquisitions, co-producing for a major children’s network, leading an animation studio, and managing a distribution business.
- Zev Foreman: Installed as the Head of Film, Foreman served as the President of Film Production at eOne. His portfolio is adorned with critically acclaimed films like Transformers: Rise of the Beasts and Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Other noteworthy projects under his belt include DC’s Blue Beetle, the award-winning Blue Bayou, and the three-time Academy Award-winning Dallas Buyers Club.
- Gabriel Marano: Stepping in as the Head of Television, Marano’s expertise stems from his role as Co-Head of Scripted Development for eOne. His commendable work features Hasbro IP developments, including the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons series and Netflix’s Power Rangers series. Earlier stints include roles at FOX Entertainment, A&E Network, and Fox Television Studios, contributing to titles like Bates Motel and Lucifer.
Company’s Forward Vision
Post the transaction where Hasbro sold eOne to Lionsgate for approximately $500 million, the company’s central focus now lies on iconic brands like Peppa Pig, Transformers, and Dungeons & Dragons. The ultimate objective? Transitioning into a digital games behemoth.
Hasbro, under the leadership of CEO Chris Cocks, is gearing up to evolve into a dominant digital gaming player. Their strategy pivots on streamlining investments in fewer, but more lucrative properties, while collaboratively working with external partners. This approach aims at curbing production costs and minimizing risks.
Tim Kilpin, Hasbro’s President of Toy, Licensing & Entertainment, expressed, “Entertainment is core to Hasbro’s strategy… Audiences can count on Hasbro to keep creating compelling and fun entertainment that resonates in today’s fast-paced world.”
Upcoming Ventures and Productions
As part of its ongoing endeavors, Hasbro Entertainment is actively producing and financing over 30 projects, spotlighting prime brands such as Dungeons & Dragons, G.I. Joe, Magic: The Gathering, and Peppa Pig. Noteworthy titles on the horizon include:
- Transformers One: Directed by Academy Award winner Josh Cooley, featuring Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, and Jon Hamm.
- Dungeons & Dragons Series: A live-action series in collaboration with Paramount+.
- Animated Series: A diverse slate including Peppa Pig, Transformers: EarthSpark, Kiya & the Kimoja Heroes, and My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale.
Dumont, reflecting on this monumental change, said, “Gabe, Zev, and I look forward to working with the industry’s best creative talent…to push the envelope with innovative storytelling.”
Hasbro Entertainment’s inception marks a significant stride for Hasbro Inc. With a solid leadership team in place and a plethora of projects in the pipeline, the company is poised to redefine entertainment across platforms and for all ages.